Welcome to Cedartown, the epitome of Southern charm. We've got shade trees, sweet tea and nearly 10,000 friendly residents – and now, you’re one of them!

Whether you live in one of our charming older neighborhoods, a new subdivision or in a sprawling suburb, we want to provide you with information to make your transition into town as smooth as possible.

We’ve compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions that we hope you will find helpful. If you do not see your question on this list, please give City Hall a call at 770-748-3220 and we will be glad to help you.

Newcomer Info

What utility services does the City of Cedartown provide?

We provide commercial and residential water, sewer and garbage service. The City’s water is provided by Big Spring, the second largest limestone spring in the southeast. We pride ourselves on the quality of our water. Click here to access the latest water quality report.

The City contracts through a private company to provide garbage pick-up. When you apply for garbage service, a polycart will be delivered to your residence. Only household trash placed in that polycart will be serviced. Pick-ups take place early Friday morning, and the City recommends taking out your trash on Thursday evening (holiday schedules are an exception to this recommendation).

Click here for a utility services form.


How will I be charged for these services?

Water fees are assessed based on household usage. Meters are read by a uniformed city employee every month. Leak Protection is strongly recommended. 

Garbage fees are billed at $12.50 per month per polycart for residential service and $25.50 per month per polycart for commercial service.


How do I apply for these services?

All new utility accounts must be applied for in person at City Hall, 201 East Avenue. You can speed up the process by downloading and filling out the utility services form online. Be prepared to show your driver’s license or State-issued ID. If you are renting or leasing the property where water service is requested, you are required to show a copy of the rental or lease agreement and must include the property owner’s name, signature and telephone number.  

To access a PDF of our Water Service Policy and Optional Leak Protection.


When is my bill due?

All water bills are due and payable the 10th day of each month.


How do I pay my bill?

Utility payments can be made at Cedartown City Hall, 201 East Avenue, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. We offer walk-up payment services, drive through payment services and an after-hours deposit box is located at the back of the building for your convenience.

We also offer online payment by clicking here. Please note a $1.25 service fee is charged for each online transaction.


What if I am late paying my bill?

If full payment is not received by the City on or before the due date shown on the bill, a late penalty will be added to the customer’s bill. The late penalty shall be 10% of the amount of the billing. If full payment is not received within 14 days days of the due date, water service may be terminated without notice and an additional late payment fee will be added to the customer’s account.


What about electricity?

The Georgia Power Company provides residents with power. Their office is located at 315 South Second Street in Cedartown. They can be reached at 888-660-5890. Information about starting your power service can be found here.


What about natural gas and propane?

The Georgia Public Service Commission has compiled a list of natural gas providers that service our area. To access that information, click here.

The Georgia Propane Gas Association is a trade and membership service organization that represents propane marketers throughout the State of Georgia. You can search for propane providers by clicking here. 


What about Internet service providers?

**AT&T, 37 Powder Springs Street SE Suite 321, Marietta, GA (770) 422-2425

AT&T U-verse



Charter Communications, 1174 N Main St, Cedartown, GA (888) 438-2427


**Parker Systems, LLC., 10005 Commerce Street, Summerville, GA (706) 857-4646


**Denotes Polk County Chamber of Commerce member. Please do your own consumer research before selecting an Internet service provider.


When are city taxes due and how are they assessed?

City taxes are due on December 1st of every year. Property values on land are assessed by the Polk County Tax Assessors office.


Do you offer public transit?

Yes. The City of Cedartown operates one transit bus. Fares are $2 per passenger per one-way trip. To find out more, click here.


Where do I go to purchase a vehicle tag?

The location where you can purchase your tag is:

Polk County Administrative Building

144 West Avenue Cedartown, GA 30125


 Georgia tags must be purchased within 30 days of established residency.

Bring the following when purchasing your tags: Title of vehicle, name and address of lien holder or copy of lease agreement, current vehicle registration, mileage (odometer) reading and valid insurance card. “No-Fault” insurance is required by Georgia law.


Where is the Driver’s Services Department located?

The Department of Driver’s Services is located at:

1626 Rockmart Hwy. Cedartown, GA 30125



Where do I pay a City of Cedartown Police Department-issued traffic fine?

The Police Department is located at 201 East Avenue. You can pay your fine in person or by clicking here.


What about public safety and health services?

City residents are tied into Polk County’s Emergency 911 service. If you have an emergency that needs immediate attention, call 911.

The City of Cedartown is home to the Cedartown Police Department and the Cedartown Fire Department. The City offers outside fire protection to residents living outside the city limits. For further information on outside fire protection, click here. To access our outside fire protection form, click here.

Cedartown is home to Polk Medical Center and numerous walk-in clinics and private doctor’s offices. For a listing of these facilities, click here.

The Polk County Health Department, 125 East Ware Street, serves the entire population in Polk County. They charge minimal fees, and some services have adjusted fee scales based on ability to pay. They accept Medicaid and Medicare. For more information, click here.


I am building a home in Cedartown. How do I secure a building permit?

Building permits are issued by our code enforcement officer, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. until 9 a.m. and from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. or make an appointment with our Building Inspector by calling 770-748-3220, ext. 216. For more information on the process and a link to our codes and ordinances, click here.


I need to know zoning information for a specific piece of property. How do I find that out?

Click here for a zoning map of Cedartown. Use your computer’s Ctrl key or Open Apple key and your plus and minus keys to zoom in and out for easier viewing.


Do you have a public library?

Yes. The Cedartown Public Library is a branch of the Sara Hightower Regional Library System. They are located at 245 East Avenue. They can be reached by calling 770-748-5644 or by clicking here. 


I am looking for a place of worship. Where can I access a list of religious facilities?

A list of religious facilities can be accessed here. 


I have young children that want to get involved in sports. What activities are offered by your recreation department?

Currently, we offer football (tackle and flag), baseball, basketball, cheerleading and softball. Click here to find out more and to view descriptions of our city’s parks.


I need school information. Where can I find out more?

The City of Cedartown is included in the Polk School District. There are 10 schools in the district, serving nearly 8,000 students. Click here to access the Polk School District’s website.


I have a pet. Are there leash laws in Cedartown?

Yes. Pets are not allowed to run at large within the city limits. It is the duty of the owner or possessor of any animal to keep the animal under control at all times while the animal is off the real property limits of the owner or possessor. To read the city’s full animal control policy, click here.


Does the City provide animal control services?

No. Animal control for residents of Cedartown is provided by the Polk County Animal Control office. They can be reached at 770-749-8908.

How do I report a pothole or a street that needs attention?

You can call our City Shop at 770-748-6977 or file an online work order here.


I have yard debris (small limbs, sticks, leaves) that needs to be picked up. Who can I call?

The City of Cedartown Public Works Department will pick up yard debris. Yard debris includes small limbs and leaves. The Public Works Department runs a weekly schedule to pick up yard debris. Residents living on the north side of town can expect pick-up service early in the week. Southside residents can expect service in the latter part of the week. A work order must be placed in order for items like furniture to be picked up. Work orders can be placed by calling 770-748-6977 or file an online work order here.

Downtown Cedartown Association


609 South Main Street, Cedartown, Georgia 30125


Cedartown Police Department


118 N. Philpot Street, Cedartown, Georgia 30125


Polk County Board of Education


211 S. College Street, Cedartown, Georgia 30125


Polk County Chamber of Commerce


133 South Marble Street, Rockmart, Georgia 30153


Polk County Historical Society


205 College Street, Cedartown, Georgia 30125


Polk County Government


144 West Avenue, Cedartown, Georgia, 30125


Georgia Municipal Association